Feature codes are used to enable features on OxTS units, some of which come by default with a unit and others can be purchased for additional functionality. Feature codes are unique to a particular unit.
You will only be able to use feature codes if you have the following versions of firmware and software:
-firmware version 130122 (or newer)
-RT Software Suite version 130307 (or newer)
You can check your firmware version from the Connection window in NAVdisplay:
Viewing the feature codes on your system
- Utilities > Device status > feature codes
Applying feature codes
- You will normally receive feature codes via an email from us so the first step is to download this file and place it a suitable location on your computer.
- Power up the unit and connect to it via Ethernet.
- Open NAVdisplay
- Go to Utilities>Quick config
- In the Quick Config window, click the Advanced option option on the left-hand side.
- Click the "…" button next to the "Enter directory" input box.
- Locate the folder where the feature code file is saved.
- Click the "Select File" drop-down menu and select the feature code file.
- Click "Apply".
- Reset the unit by typing "!reset" in the "Enter Command" input box. Please make sure to use this soft reset instead of a full power cycle to ensure the feature code is applied correctly.
- Once the unit has reset, open Utilities > Device status > feature codes. This should now reflect the new functionality of the unit.
- If this procedure has failed to update the unit, contact email@example.com.