Satel Radio Firmware Roll Back Guide.
The 869.4125MHz radio firmware has been updated by Satel to
This firmware puts a limitation on the output of the radio creating the possibility that correction messages will not get to the RT and thus the RT will not be able to get into RTK mode. This guide will take you through the process of rolling back the firmware to
where the limits do not apply, and the issue will not appear.
OxTS does not accept responsibility where radios or wireless devices we supply are used in regions where the frequencies configured. This guide is meant only for those regions where the configured frequency, 869.4125MHz, is legal for use with a 500mW output power.
If you are unsure as to what you can do, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can guide you as to what options are available.
In order to carry out this Roll Back you will need:
- The SATELLINE EASy 869MHz radio
- A 12v power source
- The 14C0195A cable provided by OxTS
- Null modem cable
- Files required, you can download these here
- Configuration files for the base and client radios (This should not be necessary but are good to have as a backup)
- Configuration software
- Firmware files
- Plug the 14C0195A cable into the 12V power source and null modem cable
- Plug the 14C0195A cable into the radio
- Plug the null modem cable into the PC
- Open the Satel Configuration software from the \Configuration software folder in the link above
- Go to the Program Preferences page
- Enter the Password: Maintenance
- Save the settings on the radio with by clicking Read Settings and then go to Modem Settings >Save Configuration to File
- Click Flash Firmware button on the top of the application
- Select the firmware that you with to flash with the tool from the link provided, you will need the "SATELLINE_EASy_869MHz_fw_06_26_3_63_1" file to remove the limitation
- Allow the application to load the firmware on the radio, DO NOT DISCONNECT THE RADIO AT THISTIME
- Once you see the following prompt, Disconnect the radio and reconnect it:
- Load the settings
- Confirm that the settings are the same as the ones saved, if not you can load them from Write Settings
- Disconnect the radio
- Connect the radio to the RT
- Confirm that the radio is in the right mode:
- Navigate to Additional setup>Priority on the radio using the face buttons
- Confirm that the settings are TX for Base and RX for Mobile
17. The process is complete.