Note: It is best practice to have separate v2 and v3 configurations, rather than using the same configuration files for both products. This is due to the devices running different firmware and thus requiring different commands to enable certain features. If you only want to copy the orientation, antenna and advanced slip settings then you can instead copy over the following files:
Keep separate v2 and v3 mobile.cfg files and only transfer the files listed above.
As v3 units have additional hardware features the configurations files are different. To convert a v2 configuration these steps should be followed.
- Select modify config in NAVconfig
- Read settings from folder
- Select V2 version for the product type
- Check the settings and values
- Commit to the v3 unit
- The configuration will fail verification as the v3 unit will automatically have some default wifi settings.
- Read the configuration back from the v3 unit
- Configure new hardware settings as necessary:
- Enable NTRIP if using (this setting won't carry over from the v2 config as different commands are used)
- Internal NTRIP client
- CAN FD
The output Ethernet packet based on trigger 1 is on by default this can be switched off if not needed. If needed then the trigger 1 should be selected as an input.
- Commit the new configuration to the v3 unit