In the following situations you may have the need to alter the IP address of your unit:
- For it to be compatible on certain networks
- You may not see your unit on the network from another device (Maybe in some more complex networking scenarios)
This article will go through the process of changing your units network configuration so you can avoid these issues.
Please be aware that RT2000, RT3000, RT4000 series, Survey+ and Inertial+ products use classful networking.
This architecture means that IP addresses in the ranges below are limited to what subnet they can use.
|Class||Start Address||End Address||Default Subnet|
For example an IP address that falls in the Class B range, will use 255.255.0.0 as the default subnet and can be configured to use the subnet from a higher class, say 255.255.255.0 (Class C) for example.
This is allowed as you are being more specific about the resulting network address.
However, you cannot go the other way, so a Class B IP could not use a 255.0.0.0 (Class A) subnet mask.
Configuring Your IP and Subnet Mask
- Have the unit connected to a PC and powered on
- Make sure that the PC has the same IP range (subnet) as the unit, otherwise this process will not work
- Navigate to NAVDisplay> Utilities > Quick Config>Advanced page
- ‘Enter Command’ input box type the following command
!CONFIG IP [ip address]For example:
!CONFIG IP 188.8.131.52
- Then in the same input box type "
!RESET"to reset the unit
- If you wish to change the subnet mask of the unit at the same time, then the command is:
!CONFIG IP [ip address] [subnet mask]For example:
!CONFIG IP 184.108.40.206 255.255.255.0