Most OxTS unit are capable of recording raw data files that include information like:
- Unit configuration details
- Raw data from the sensors
- Hardware configuration details
This allows customers to further process their data after collection, to do things like improvement general quality of data or achieve a higher accuracy using correction files.
How to get the RD file from the unit
OxTS units use the FTP protocol to host the files in the unit, so you can use any FTP capable client to get at the files, although in this guide we will refer only to the native Windows browser.
- Connect to the RT via the Ethernet cable and follow the relevant process; either work equally well
but using Windows Explorer is usually the simplest method.
- Change your PC to be on the same IP range as the RT - i.e. If the RT unit is 18.104.22.168 make
sure your PC is something different to the RT and other devices that may be on the network such as
- Connect via FTP and Copy, move or delete the RD files using the relevant process below:
- Open windows explorer (Any folder or "My Computer" will do initially) and type ftp://195.0.0.xx
(where xx is the IP address of your unit) into the Address Bar.
- This should return a folder as above. The raw data files use reverse date format in their naming.
- You may now simply copy, move or delete the files as required
Special Note: You should not add anything alien to this folder or delete anything other than the rd
files. Your configuration files are stored here and deleting, moving or renaming these is likely to
result in you having to reload your system configuration from scratch. There is also a shortcut link
called =USER. Please do not attempt to delete this or remove it.